Pressure washing tennis courts is a highly effective way of cleaning them, because this is strong enough to remove all the debris and moss growth and not too abrasive to damage the surfacing but this is a specialist maintenance procedure always advised to be carried out by a professional court maintenance contractor.
The sports court cleaning should be part of a maintenance programme schedule and the benefits of having the pressure washing carried out are:
- Improves safety characteristics of the surfacing (not slippery)
- Improves playing characteristics as cleaning makes it ‘as new’
- Life of the surface extends if maintained correctly
- Appearance of courts attracts players to use the facility
- Improves drainage keeping it free draining and not clogging up the pores